A few hours after Joe Biden was sworn in as the 46th President of the United States, the U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a press release with the names of several individuals who will hold senior staff positions at the agency:
- Katherine Ferguson – Chief of Staff in the Office of the Secretary
- Robert Bonnie – Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy and Senior Advisor, Climate, in the Office of the Secretary
- Dr. Sara Bleich – Senior Advisor, COVID-19, in the Office of the Secretary
- Kumar Chandran – Senior Advisor, Nutrition, in the Office of the Secretary
- Dr. Gregory Parham – Interim Deputy Assistant Secretary for Administration
- Justo Robles – White House Liaison in the Office of the Secretary
Prior to this, Tom Vilsack was announced as the nominee for Secretary of Agriculture, Dr. Jew Bronaugh was announced as the nominee for Deputy Secretary, and Stacy Dean as the nominee for Deputy Undersecretary for Food, Nutrition, and Consumer Services.
Curious about the nominees in other Offices or Departments? OFW will be tracking the Biden-Harris Nominees here for the next few weeks. Our list will be updated each Friday.