On May 18, 2022, the White House Office of Public Engagement held its first biweekly stakeholder call providing updates on the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health planned for September 2022. The purpose of the session was to provide preliminary information about upcoming virtual regional public listening sessions to hear ideas and learn about experiences.
The regional conferences will be:
- South: June 1, 2022, 9am-11am MDT/10am-12pm CDT/11am-1pm EDT
Midwest & Mountains: June 3, 2022, 11am-1pm MDT/12pm-2pm CDT/1pm-3pm EDT
- Northeast, MidAtlantic, Puerto Rico, & Virgin Islands: June 7, 2022, 10am-12pm EDT
- West Coast & Pacific: June 9, 3pm-5pm PDT
- Spanish-only (all regions): June 13, 2022, 1pm-3pm EDT
People are encouraged to register for the region in which they live.
The listening sessions will include breakout sessions based on the following five pillars setting the scope of the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health:
- Improve food access and affordability.
- Integrate nutrition and health.
- Empower all consumers to make and have access to healthy choices.
- Support physical activity for all.
- Enhance nutrition and food security research.
In the coming weeks, a tool kit will be issued to allow stakeholders to hold their own listening sessions with instructions on how to submit information from these additional sessions. Please check the website linked above for ongoing information.
Biweekly update stakeholder sessions will be held on Wednesdays at 3:30pm ET/2:30pm CT/1:30pm MT/12:30pm PT. To register for these sessions, go to https://pitc.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_A-oIAYcqSQ6SedDbLGVM0Q. The next session is scheduled for June 1, 2022.