Tish Eggleston Pahl will be speaking on May 19 at a webinar on dispenser obligations under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). The webinar is sponsored by the Healthcare Distribution Management Association (HDMA). This “DSCSA Overview for Dispensers” continues HDMA’s education and outreach on the pharmacy and hospital–related implementation requirements under the DSCSA. Particular focus will be on the data requirements for dispensers that go into effect on July 1 and also will address many of the questions that HDMA received during its previous April 21 webinar for dispensers.
Topics will include:
- The loan or sale of medication from one dispenser to another;
- The definition of “dispenser” and whether hospital and clinic pharmacies qualify;
- Questions pertaining to suspect and illegitimate products;
- Data that must be provided with the product, including questions about lot number and data pertaining to returned products;
- Exempt products and transactions;
- Questions around authorized trading partners and more.
The webinar is free. More information about the webinar and how to sign up is available here.